Located in southeastern New Brunswick, the Town of Champdoré is a new local government created on January 1, 2023 as a result of local governance reform. The Town of Champdoré is composed of the Village of Saint-Antoine, the Local Service District of Sainte-Marie, the Local Service District of Saint-Paul, the Local Service District of Greater Saint-Antoine, part of the LSD of Wellington (McKees Mills) and part of the LSD of Harcourt. This new bilingual municipality of approximately 5,100 citizens provides a number of services, including the management of the drinking water system, sanitary and storm sewer systems, public safety services, public works services, solid waste management, and sports, recreation and cultural services.
Length of Employment: Full-time permanent position
Hours of Work: 35 hours per week (Monday to Friday with the possibility of working evenings to attend meetings)
Responsabilities: The Director of Administrative Services will be appointed as the Treasurer and Assistant Clerk of the municipality. The person selected for the position will provide significant professional and administrative support to the Chief Administrative Officer/Clerk. The position will be responsible for planning, supervising, directing and coordinating the financial management of the municipality. The work consists of:
- Preparing, in conjunction with the Chief Administrative Officer, the budgets for proper financial administration;
- Providing monthly reports and preparing the budget forecasts necessary for the short, medium and long-term planning of the municipality;
- Ensuring that a financial audit is prepared and submitted to the council
- Evaluating internal controls, systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and appropriate use of resources for the municipality as a whole;
- Ensuring financial systems are compliant;
- Attending council and committee meetings as required to maintain records of meetings;
- Supporting the Clerk in the performance of his/her duties;
- Establishing, reviewing and enforcing policies, by-laws and procedures with the support of the Chief Administrative Officer;
- In the absence of the Chief Administrative Officer, the Deputy Clerk shall perform the duties and responsibilities of the Clerk in accordance with the Local Governance Act.
He or she will also perform any other duties assigned by his or her supervisor.
Requirements: The applicant must have a post-secondary degree in a field related to business administration, finance, accounting or any other related field. Equivalency in education and experience may be considered. Experience or training in municipal administration or budget preparation would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will also have the following skills:
- Budget management
- Oral and written communication in both official languages
- Proficiency with current technological tools and computer software (Microsoft Office);
- Good knowledge of Sage software and accounting
- Experience in supervising employees;
- Able to solve problems, make informed decisions and determine the impact of decisions;
- Ability to work in a team environment and establish good working relationships with staff, elected officials, the public and partners
- Ability to communicate financial information in an understandable manner
- Demonstrate reliability, confidentiality and initiative
- Good judgment and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task while meeting deadlines
Compensation: $ 60 000 $ to $ 75 000 (depending on education and experience)
Deadline: June 9, 2023 at 4 pm
Nomination: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to the address below.
Town of Champdoré
Tina Bitcon, Chief Administrative Officer and Clerk
4556 Principale Street, Suite 300
Saint-Antoine, NB E4V 1R3
Telephone: (506) 525-4020
Fax: (506) 525-4027
The Town of Champdoré thanks all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.