Old Bouctouche Railroad route
- Renaud Road
The old Bouctouche Railroad route is designated as a local historic place for its value associated with the relocation of the village's institutional centre and to the appearance of the business centre surrounding the railroad, end of the 19th century.
Before the railroad came to Saint-Antoine in 1887, the residential/institutional core was located near the local heritage site of the Higho of Cocagne.
Since the Saint-Antoine station was located on the north-west side of the Yvon Street and Renaud Road intersection today, many entrepreneurs built and operated their businesses along the railroad. This encouraged the community to get closer to the new commercial centre which we still commonly call "the corner". This explains why the institutions moved closer to this spot, at the end of the 19th century. Thanks to this major redevelopment in the village, Saint-Antoine experienced a revival and it has not stopped developing since.
The Bouctouche train made its last trip in 1964. Part of the route was made into a residential street.